Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January -Writing

What I am looking for when your child is writing sentences in their homework book:

-Capitals at the beginning of each sentence and a period to mark the end of the sentence. When you child is done writing the sentence, encourage your child to trace these in another colour. eg. It is time for me to go to bed

-I would also like students to start using more descriptive words in their sentences. We are going to start writing about animals so I am looking for something like this:
eg. The cow goes moo and has a tail.

-Lastly, I am looking for proper spelling of our spelling words. I would like to see students use the words we have been learning as part of our spelling words. Those words are all on our word wall in the classroom and also in their agendas so they can refer back to them when doing homework.